Who loves to eat cake batter, cookie batter, brownie batter before you bake it? ME! Both my hands are raised LOL. I recently ran across a blog and it was a lady who found a way to make cookie dough without the guilt!
Last night I made these cookie dough bites and they were gone in 5 hours – my family devoured them (I might have had 3 or 4 of them too hehe). Needless to say, they might be a healthy version of eating cookie dough, but I can see myself munching on these way too much, so I will only be able to make them for special occasions!
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 2/3 cup raw walnuts
- 2/3 cup raw oat flakes or Gluten Free oats (see note below)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw agave nectar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to a fine meal.
- Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
- Next, add the cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips) and pulse just to combine.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls (about 1 tbsp each) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up. Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer.
Raw oat flakes can be substituted for regular rolled oats (or certified gluten-free oats, if necessary), but if you want this treat to be truly raw, look for raw oat flakes, which haven’t been steamed or toasted during processing.