I recently came across Jamie Eason’s recipe of Turkey Meatloaf and I decided to try them out! They are so YUMMY, quick and easy to make – plus my kids love them (we all want our kids to LIKE healthy foods, right?!) You can make them at the beginning of the week, they are great to just grab and go if you are in a rush – PLUS I recently took one and crumbled it on top of my salad and made a wrap with it!
2 lbs ground turkey or ground chicken breast
3 egg whites
1 cup of quick cooking oats (or Gluten Free oats)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dry yellow mustard
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp chipotle pepper spice (we could only find this at Whole Foods)
2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves, minced)
2 celery stalks, finely chopped (approx 1 cup)
1 small onion, finely chopped (approx 1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with foil or spray muffin pan with Canola Oil or Olive Oil.
3. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Roll the mixture into balls & place on your baking sheet or in your muffin tin.
5. Bake for 40 minutes (This may vary depending on your oven).
Makes 12 muffins
Men: 4 muffins
Women: 2 muffins
Tip: Watch Jamie make these muffins in the video here. She gives a lot of good tips!