HEALTHY Thai Shrimp Soup
Do you ever have one of those days where you just don’t want to spend FOREVER in the kitchen, but you know your family is sitting there with the Jeopardy theme song playing in the background, waiting for something to magically appear on the kitchen table… ???? Yet, you’re supposed to be eating healthier so ordering in or going out to dinner is just not an option… Mom’s, can you relate???
This recipe below is definitely an absolute favorite in my house… I will be bulk cooking and freezing! My kids and fiancé have NO CLUE its healthy, low sodium, gluten free and 100% 21 Day Fix approved!!
I ate mine as a soup because I am doing the 21DF — but if you have little ones or a hubby that needs more than just a soup for dinner, I ladled their soup over plain brown rice — and they gulped it down!
Serves 4 and only took 30 minutes to make from prep to table!
– 1lb shrimp (shelled, deveined and tail off)
– 1/2 white onion, chopped
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
– 2 cups sliced mushrooms
– 15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
– 1 tbsp of honey
– 3 cups low sodium vegetable stock
– 1 cup of water
– 1 tsp liquid aminos
– fresh juice from 1 lime
– Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
– cilantro (optional)
1. In a medium sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and onions, sauté until tender, stirring often for about 5 minutes.
2. Add in mushrooms and sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
3. Add in tomatoes, honey, salt, liquid aminos and pepper to the pan and sauté with the mushrooms, onion, garlic mixture for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add in shrimp and pan cook for about 8 minutes.
5. Add the vegetable stock, water and lime juice and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
6. Top with fresh cilantro and even add crushed red pepper or chili flakes for some heat!