Healthy Meatloaf Muffins
I recently came across Jamie Eason’s recipe of “Turkey Meatloaf Muffins” and I decided to try them out, but with my own twist and liking! They are so YUMMY, quick and easy to make – plus my kids love them (we all want our kids to LIKE healthy foods, right?!) Just make them at the beginning of the week – they are great to just grab and go if you are in a rush – PLUS I recently took one and crumbled it on top of my salad and made a wrap with it!
2 lbs ground turkey, lean beef or chicken
1 cup of Gluten Free Oats
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dry yellow mustard
2 tsp black pepper
3 tbsp liquid aminos
2 tsp chipotle pepper spice (we could only find this at Whole Foods)
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp minced ginger (just trust me)
himalayan salt to taste
2 celery stalks, finely chopped (approx 1 cup)
1 small onion, finely chopped (approx 1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with foil or spray muffin pan with Canola Oil or Olive Oil.
3. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Roll the mixture into balls & place on your baking sheet or in your muffin tin.
5. Bake for 40 minutes (This may vary depending on your oven).
Makes 12 muffins
Men: 4 muffins
Women: 2 muffins